So, I began playing volleyball back in middle school. The coach saw me the hallway, and I was taller than most of the other girls in my 6th grade class, so he asked me to tryout for the team. So I did. And ever since then, I have loved the game. I began playing (club, volleyball AAU), and what not. I went on to be the only freshman and sophomore playing on varsity. I mean I actually played, I didn't sit the bench, at all. Then we moved, and the school that I was going to wasn't very good in volleyball. So I didn't play. I kind of regret that, but that was long ago. I played for a year and a half when I was in college, but I went to a division 3 school, so it wasn't anything to rigorous.
Well now, I'm coaching volleyball, at the high school that I graduated from, yeah, the one that I didn't play volleyball at. Well, the head coach over there, is a mess. She thinks that she knows so much about black people, it's really ridiculous. For instance, varsity had a game yesterday, and they started off really well, then they made a few mistakes, and got down on themselves. Instead of her saying that, she says that the girls go out on the court with negative attitudes because every thinks that volleyball isn't for black people. I just don't get it. Anytime there's an issue or whatever, she blames it on race versus attitude, maybe home life. Who knows why she thinks the way that she does. But it's beginning to piss me off. I'm the Freshmen coach, and two of my girls were going to be late to the game, she never told me. The girls told me, and then I had to go and ask her about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment