Thursday, August 30, 2007

Real Talk...

So, we actually had a conversation where he was keeping it real with me. Not that I think he's a liar, but he makes it seem like he hasn't met anyone in all of the time that we've known each other. We've only talked off and on for about 18 months. So finally, last night, I was just like, I'm not crazy, I know you've talked to some other women since you've met me. First of all, we don't talk all of the time, and second of all, you are a man, and you are a 16 hour drive away, I know you have. So finally, he says, I mean, I've met people, but I don't have the time to put in like they want, and I'm not willing to if I'm not feeling them like that.

That opened up a whole can of worms. Because, that's why we stopped talking twice before. I just told him, my issue is always that he's not willing to sacrifice. And he gave all of these excuses about why he didn't wake up and answer the phone and what not. And I'm like, I don't expect you to just wake up and answer the phone, but if you KNOW that I'm going to call you around, say 4 everyday, turn your phone up, or just be up when I call. So we went back and forth. Basically what it came down is that he said the doesn't not answer his phone intentionally, and I say I understand that, my problem is that you don't make it a point to answer it.

Anywho, I'm excited about him coming in a few weeks. I'm not sure what to expect, but we'll see. I feel much better about the situation now that I have what I expect on the table.

We had a volleyball game yesterday. Well, JV and Varsity had a volleyball game yesterday, my team doesn't play until next Thursday. JV won in 3, and Varsity lost. The head coach be messing with the JV coach all of the time. He and I work together, so we talk all of the time, and some of the stuff he says to her, I just can't see her saying to me. I definitely think she knows who to mess with. This is something minor, but at the game yesterday, he wore black pants, but all of the other coaches wore tan (we all have the same shirts), she tells him, oh, you should have worn tan pants, I don't like the black. Now, his teams record is 2 - 0, her teams record is 0 -12. I don't see where tan pants even come into play. She is this whyt chick that thinks she knows more about black people than I do. I've told her, you can't tell me more about my race than I already know. I don't claim to know everything about everyone that is black, but she claims all of these things about the children are because they are black, or African American as she says. They think they can't play volleyball, they have attitudes, they can't get rides to practice. The list just goes on and on. I've tried to talk to her in a civilized manner, but her ears don't work. So I'm going to have to snap off on baby girl before it's all said and done. I'm trying to avoid that though, but we'll see.

No comments: