Thursday, August 11, 2011

Challenge: Day 13

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently



Hmmm, I can't think of anyone that has hurt me personally recently.  But, I have a letter to a company that is pissed me off recently, Me.nards.


Back Story: I was in Menards on Sunday, looking for wire molding.  Well, we found an employee to lead us in the right direction.  As we were walking, an abandoned cart was sitting in the middle of the aisle, I saw the cart, but I did see the huge arse piece of metal sticking out of the cart, I ran into it, I thought I scraped my arm, no biggie.  Until Poetry looks at my arm in horror and starts leading me towards the door and says we are going to the hospital.  Six stitches later, I figured out that he wasn't joking.  So, their insurance company called me on Monday, letting me know they would pay my doctor bills, but not for my time off of work.  So, here's my letter to Menard's.


Dear Menards,


As a frequent customer of your stores, I am very disappointed in the way your insurance company handled my claim.  The phone call started off calm enough, she explained to me that she wanted to record my statement, I agreed, I gave my statement, she let me know that she was no longer recording.  THEN, she goes on to say that Menard's would not be responsible for me missing work.  They are not liable, because the object was stationary, and it was in a customers cart.  The arguments made no sense whatsoever to me, and I promptly let the insurance representative know that.  The cost of one day of work to me, means more to me than it would to a company of your size.  I'm sure your insurance agents are well aware that it's not worth me getting a lawyer and fighting.  I am extremely disappointed that you are willing to lose me as a customer over one day of wages.  Truth be told, if you were no liable, you would not be covering my medical bills.  Rather than lose sleep, or be upset, I simply will never shop at your store again.  I'm sure the loss is minute to you.  Either way, I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1.) I love that you still call him poetry! I LOVE it!!!

2.) Menards won't be getting my money either. #takethat

D said...

Right!!! Yeah, It's disappointing, but, oh well.