Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I Wanna Run...

I want to start running again.  With the snow, and extreme cold temperatures, I can't bring myself to start.  I am truly looking forward to warmer temperatures to get my feet hitting the pavement!  I will start with the couch to 5k program, and work my way up.  After I'm running a decent 5k, I will begin looking into training for a half marathon.

I'm looking into joining a gym again, I will join one that will basically be free though.  My job will reimburse us up to $20 a month for a gym membership, and there are a few clubs here that have fees of $20 a month or less.  They, of course, are not the huge gyms with all of the amenities you could ever want.  They will suffice for allowing me to get some weight training in.

My new attitude is proving to be just what I need to win this race that I have with weight loss.  I haven't had any amazing weeks of loss, however, I don't feel stressed out, I don't feel anxious about falling off the wagon.  I'm remembering that it's a marathon, not a sprint.  I didn't gain this weight overnight, and I'm surely not going to lose it overnight.  And if I do lose overnight, I truly believe I will gain it back, with a couple added pounds!  I'm slowly learning to make better decisions.  Patience, that's the key for me.

No comments: