Monday, September 24, 2007

Venting...

So, J^2 came to Fort Wayne last week. He got here on Wednesday, and his cousin picked him up from the airport. (He asked me to pick him up weeks ago, but he told me a couple of days before he was coming that his cousin was going to, because he felt only right doing that because she bought his ticket, whatever). So then, on Thursday, after my game, I called him, he said he was getting ready to go and get a rental car, I offered to take him, he said by cousin is going to take me now. He calls me two hours later, wanting to come over, so I say sure, give him directions and all. 30 minutes later, I haven't heard from him (it about 25 minutes to get EVERYWHERE here), he was supposed to call me once he got about 10 minutes from where he was. So, I call, he is still at his cousins house, I say, if you don't leave in 15, call me, I wake up at 5:40 for work, it's 10:30 p.m. now. So he calls at 10:40, says he's on his way. I call back at 11, he still hasn't left. So I just tell him I'll get with him on Friday. So, we go to lunch on Friday, we basically get into it at lunch. Friday evening comes, we go back and forth trying to get together, then finally, at midnight he wants to come over. Nah pimping. Then, he calls me at 8 the next morning, and by this time I am just tired of the entire situation, but I don't say anything at first. He asks me what I'm doing on Saturday, I say nothing, thinking that he's going to try and make some plans with me, but no, never happens. So I say you know what, you are full of s**t. You make all these dreamy promises to me on the phone, and then you get here and it's nothing of the sort. But it's all good, I see it for what it is. He says, I was going to spend today with you. Well then why did you try and make plans with me? Long story short, I'm done.

I just don't understand why dudes continuously try to play me like I'm a fool. I just don't get it. I am not going to pretend like I'm good if I'm upset about something, does that make me crazy? I'm not going to bite my tongue just to keep the peace, does that make me an angry black woman? I feel that in a relationship, I should be able to speak on how I feel. Because if I hold it in, when it finally does come out, I'll be fed up to the point of giving up, and there won't be any point in continuing. Is it too much to ask to be able to communicate to the person that you are dating? Silly me, I guess I'm just supposed to be happy with each and every little thing and take what some man is giving me instead of expecting more. I understand I may not get it, but I can't even request it? That's just crazy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there. Honestly I think you did the right thing. It seems he was playing games with you. That would indeed frustrate me. It really is best to move on, if he has not even done what he said he would. Life is too short to spend it with someone that clearly seems to not want to spend time with you. Do not even worry about him. Enjoy your life, and when the next guy comes along he will treat you much better than that. You deserve better. And no nothing is wrong with voicing your opinion, and if a man has a problem with you speaking your mind he really isn't a man. It's like men who like to request things, and expect women to not want anything in return. It's not right, and it will only furiate you when you have to listen to someone who does not want to listen to you. Peace.