Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Day of Remembrance...

I recall getting ready for class and listening to the news, I heard the reporter say, "A plane just crashed into the world trade center." I thought to myself, I heard that wrong, she didn't say what I thought she said. Then I heard, another plane, crashed into the other twin tower. I was in the bathroom like what are they talking about. So I made my way to my room to see exactly what they were raving about and I couldn't believe my eyes. They were showing clips, of an airplane, flying through the world trade center. I was shocked to say the least. I'm thinking for sure they are going to cancel class today, but I went anyway, just to be sure. The news was on all of the TVs in the commons, continuously showing the clips. It seemed unreal to me. So I get to my math class, it's about half full, my teacher gives some lame speech about it being ok to be concerned, but that we need to focus in class. Great Dr. Rader, we appreciate that!

So after class, I stop in the commons again, and I just can't believe my eyes. There are attacks on our country and here I am, helpless. I let my mom talk me into paying a little over 4 dollars a gallon for gas. I kept newspapers from the days that followed. I remember thinking, this is actually history in the making. Right before my eyes.

No comments: