Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Mom

So, as I mentioned, I had a baby in October, that's my punkin above, yes, I call him my punkin :-D.  Anywho, I've been around babies before, but man did I underestimate what it took to be the mom of a newborn.  I am tired, just about all of the time. I no longer have the luxury of doing anything later, if I have a moment to do something, I have to do it right then, or it will not get done.  I am always second guessing the decisions that I make, I'm sure when he's 5, it will seem like no big deal, but right now, deciding whether he should be breastfed, on normal formula, or organic formula has ruled my life for weeks.  I feel like I don't do anything yet I don't have time to get anything done, lol.  That doesn't even seem possible, but that is surely how it is.  It's exhausting, but I already feel like it's the best most rewarding thing I've ever done.  Seeing him laugh and coo and get exciting makes me forget that I haven't slept in two days.  Thinking about seeing him experience new things warms my heart.  Wanting him to grow up to the best person he can be makes me want to be the best person that I can be. 

2 comments:

Ro said...

WHEW… I KNOW all these feelings.
I had to stop and tell I can’t get everything done anymore. I have to adjust to my NEW life; and she comes 1st. You won’t ever get month 5 or 6 or 10 back so just enjoy him.

and I have 2nd guessed myself form the moment I brought her home.

Just do what your gut says and roll with it. well that’s what I do and I haven’t broken her yet..*knocks on wood*

D said...

I have learned over these last 6 months to do what I can, and say eff it to everything else, cause I was stressing myself the hell out, lol. Thanks for the advice!!