Thursday, January 31, 2013

A-HA Moment...

My niece plays basketball, and yesterday, my sister asked if I wanted to go to her end of the season banquet.  Of course, I support the kids when I can.  She tells me that it's going to be at Pizza Hut, and I immediately start looking forward to it.  That's when I realized a big flaw (for me) in my effort to get healthier.  I would always give myself one day to cheat.  I would focus on that day, ALL WEEK long.  Junk food was CONSTANTLY on my mind because I was always thinking about what I was going to eat on my cheat day.  It's not that hard to eat healthy, when I cook, the food is there, when I prepare, I try to think of healthier meals to cook.  It only becomes hard, if I'm thinking about how good pizza, fried chicken, with a side of nacho dip would be in its place. 

So, instead of focusing on what I'm going to eat when I can eat healthy, I'm going to focus on what I can buy when I'm a smaller size!!  I'm going to focus on being able to buy pants in Express and Banana Republic. 

I will still have times where I give in to the things that I crave.  Somehow, I think I will be more consistent when I'm not constantly thinking about what I can't have.  Instead, I will be thinking about what I can have, when my consistency pays off :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've totally run into the same issue with "cheat days". Spending all week fantasizing on the food you're depriving yourself of is harsh and tends to promote bingeing on those days.

I like the clothes idea! I've started a vision board--I may add some cool clothes pictures to it. :-D

D said...

When I find myself thinking about what I'm going to eat on cheat days, I say NO, out loud, and say I can't wait until I'm in a certain size!! It has helped me to stop spending so much time thinking about junk food!