Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Gadgets and Gizmos

I have a thing for electronics. TV's, laptops, cameras, mp3 players, cell phones, I don't know what it is. I enjoy playing with them, figuring out the ins and outs, all that good stuff. The thing is, after the initial excitement, I get bored with them. I mean, I use them, but I rarely use all of the advanced features. I use the basics, and that's it.

I feel like I've made a turn around though. I few months ago, my iPod broke. Well, I broke my iPod. My initial thought was, oh no, I have to go and get another one, NOW!!! Well, I thought about it, and decided to try to go without, just to see. The more I thought, I realized, I really didn't have the money to just up and spend $200 on an iPod. It's like I just spend money without thinking through the repercussions.

I haven't read a book in I don't know how long. I've checked books out from the library. At any given time, I have at least 2 books checked out from the library. I always intend to read them, yet they sit on my nightstand until I've renewed them the maximum number of times, I may even get a late fee, and then I return them. Yet, I've considered getting a Kindle. My cousin had one, I played with it, and decided I should have one. Again, I thought about it, I rarely ever read books. And for the frequency in which I read, why isn't the library good enough?

What's with me, and my desire/need to have all this 'stuff'. That's all it is, is stuff. It doesn't make me happy, in fact, it indirectly stresses me out. I'm buying things I can't afford, staying in debt, and stressing about my finances. Boy do I need to get it together...

No comments: