Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Change #2

My health goals. This is a two part goal, exercise and diet!

Exercise:
I have an on again off again relationship with exercise. I decide I'm going to start working out regularly, I do so for a month or more, I think I have it figured out, I fall off. The whole cycle repeats. The time in between repeats varies from 1 - 3 months, then I start the whole cycle again. So, I am going to commit to working out at least 3 times a week. I have an elliptical machine at home, so if nothing else, I can get cardio in. However, my preference is going to be running.

Along with exercising 3 times a week, I want to run in at least 1 5k. I believe I have one picked out.

Diet:
I am going to start counting calories. I've done this before, I know it works, I think I have it figured out, and then I go back to my same unhealthy habits. I am going to start with eating 1,600 calories a day. I would like to do less, but I want to be realistic.

I will stop eating out for dinner so much, meaning I will cook at least 3 times a week, and I will start taking my lunch twice a week. Of course I can take it more, but 2 is the minimum.

No comments: