Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shacking Up...


I've lived with a guy once, and it lasted about two or three months before he moved out.  I don't remember the exact reason why I made him move out, but living together, in my mind, wasn't all I thought it would be.  I remember he didn't treat 'our' place like his place, basically, it was like he was staying the night all the time.  So, what's the purpose of you 'living' here if it feels like your visiting, I'll pass. 

That was my one and only experience living some a guy that I was in a relationship with.  Well, Poetry and I are considering it.  We've been together 9 months, we spend every night together anyway.  He's basically giving away his rent and utility money every month.  We would go back and forth to each others place for a while, but that got old.  I would forget things that I needed at his place.  I got tired of packing a bag, blah blah blah.  So, I stopped saying anything about us going to his house, and he didn't either.  Well, fast forward a few months, and its like, if we are going to be at my house all of the time anyway, you might as well move in. 

Thinking about the extra money assisting in me shopping getting out of debt seemed like icing on the cake for the whole thing. 

He still has to deal with the house that he's renting since his lease isn't up until January.  The rental company will simply make it available, when someone wants it, then he's out of his lease.  So he will still have to pay rent there, but then that's no different than what he does now. 

I've weighed the pros and cons of the situation, and I'm ready to take the step. 

No comments: