Vacation was awesome, except for the fact that our flight was canceled on the way there and we couldn't get there until a day later. But we got our money back, so I guess ALL wasn't lost. I would have much rather had the time in Punta Cana though. The suite was beautiful, the grounds were awesome, and the people were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. In order to get there, we took a train to Chicago, and our flight to the DR left the next day. It was basically the same thing coming back, we flew into Chicago, and took the train home the next evening. Next year, I plan on flying right out of FW. Going wasn't bad, but coming back, I just wanted to be home, in my own bed.
I read a really good book by Pearl Cleage, 'Seen it all and Done the Rest.' I can't recall the last time that I've read a book, and this was the perfect book to get me back into it. A wonderful story of a grandmother and granddaughter reclaiming their lives while everyone watches and becomes inspired. I've read all except one of Cleage's books, and I have yet to be disappointed. I think I'm going to go ahead and read the only one missing from the collection. I'll have to put it on hold at the library.
2 comments:
I'm planning my vacation to Punta Cana next year. What hotel/resort did you stay in. I can't wait. It gives me something to look forward to although it's still quite a bit away.
We stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro, very nice. The people were very friendly, the suites were excellent. Make sure that you don't ever drink tap water. We brushed out teeth with bottled water (which was provided in the mini bar). It was hot over there too, but we had an excellent time, you will not be disappointed. I'm going to post some pictures soon.
Post a Comment