Tuesday, January 15, 2008

When I Grow Up...

Some people know what they want to be when they grow up at an early age. Me, I had no clue. And honestly, I still don't know. I was interested in math and science, and so the normal response to that is engineering. Well, now that I'm in the field. I don't think it's really what I want to do with my life. I mean, I'm not the type of person that is ok sitting behind a desk all day, not really having to interact with people and writing software. I feel like there is so much more that I should be doing. More of helping people. I don't know. There should be some time in between high school and college where you actually participate in different activities that people in different fields do on the job daily. If I had done that, I certainly don't think that I would have gone to school for Computer Science. What's a girl to do? At 26, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me ask you this... if you could do one thing for the rest of your life and get paid doing it... what would it be? Don't say sleep or some other bull ish answer!!!

D said...

You know what, if I knew the answer to that, I would be working towards it, I have no idea.

Unknown said...

Dang smart butt... Wow. Sometimes I don't know what to think. I don't think you meant to get smart with me...

D said...

Actually, no, I wasn't getting smart. I was just thinking, that is the magic question, I need to figure that out.