Friday, September 02, 2011

Finally!!!

Well, I have been addicted to painting my nails.  I started out, with it looking like my 8 year old niece was painting my nails.  Then I used the resources available to me and youtube-d 'how to paint your nails.'  Found just a few different videos, and I was on my way.  I was painting, it was looking good, but there was one problem.  I would paint at night (yes, every night), and when I would wake up in the morning, the paint would be smashed and dented.  It wasn't completely dry before I went to bed, and I cannot sleep without tossing and turning apparently.  So, rather than give up my new found hobby, I purchased a small table-top fan (for $3.60) and the infamous Seche Vite that so many polish enthusiasts rave about.  Used both the fan and the quick drying top coat last night, and I couldn't be more happy with the results:



The top coat makes it looks like glass, like when I was getting my nails She.llac-ed.  I plan on doing a manicure on Sunday or Monday and seeing how long it will last.  I have a couple of bbq's to go to this weekend, and may want my nails to match what I'm wearing (feel free to judge :-)). 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who else is bbq-ing and you didn't tell me...

D said...

Your step family, and my mom...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POLISH!!!

D said...

Thanks shamiamglam!!! Pinks, in all shades, are my favorite colors. It's a China Glaze polish, I'll find the name for you!