Well, Thanksgiving was last week, and I would like to say I did well, but I wouldn't be telling the truth. I didn't do terrible, but I did ok. I tried, I had a plan, I started off well. On the way there, I was so hungry on the road, but I was saving my points for my beloved Chinese Food upon arrival. So, instead of stopping at a fast food restaurant to get something to 'hold me over'. We stopped at Meijer, and I bought some fruit.
Thanksgiving Day, my plate wasn't too bad, a small amount of dressing with turkey in it, a corner of mac and cheese, some chitterlings, cabbage, and a baked chicken wing. Then came the desserts. My aunt knows people that sell cakes, and when I tell you these pound cakes are delicious, they are delicious. So good, that my mother buys multiple cakes to bring back and freeze. Cake, tempted me ALL weekend, and I gave in, ALL weekend.
Fast forward to coming back home, realizing that the progress I've made will result in a not so great number on the scale at my meeting this week, has been bringing me down. Looking at my body in the mirror as I'm working out is bringing me down. Wanting all the junk food and unhealthy food that I know I shouldn't indulge in is bringing me down. Thinking about all of the temptation that the month of December will bring is bringing me down. But I digress.
I keep telling myself, this is a lifestyle change that I'm making, there are going to be good and bad weeks. The key is to bounce back. And I truly feel like I'm bouncing back. I guess I just want to not want the things that got me to where I am, 50+ pounds overweight.
No comments:
Post a Comment