My first hat design, sort of. I was making my cousin a hat and scarf set, and my bff suggested that I do the parallelogram pattern for the scarf, and I could not find the pattern for a hat, so I adlibbed, and this is what I came up with. Feel free to use this pattern. I will request that you link to this post and do not use it for profit! So here it is, please email dclaxton@gmail.com for any errata.
Materials:
Size 8 circular needles
Stitch markers
Yarn of your choice
Techniques:
Knitting, Purling
Cast On 90 stitches (be sure not to twist the stitches when joining in the round)
*k1, p1
Repeat round for about 1.5 inches (I did 7 rounds)
Row 1: *p5, k5
Row 2: p4, *k5, p5 to last 6 k5, p1
Row 3: p3, *k5, p5 to last 7 k5, p2
Row 4: p2, *k5, p5 to last 8 k5, p3
Row 5: p1, *k5, p5 to last 9 k5, p4
Row 6: k1, *p5, k5 to last 9 p5, k4
Row 7: k2, *p5, k5 to last 8 p5, k3
Row 8: k3, "p5, k5 to last 7 p5, k2
Row 9: k4, *p5, k5 to last 6 p5, k1
Row 10: *k5, p5
Rep rows 1 - 10 until desired length (I did 4 repeats for a total of 40 rows of the pattern, or until entire hat measures approximately 7 inches)
Decrease:
1: *k8, k2tog
2: *k7, k2tog
3: *k6, k2tog
4: *k5, k2tog
5: *k4, k2tog
6: *k3, k2tog
7: *k2, k2tog
8: *k1, k2tog
9:*k2tog
No comments:
Post a Comment