Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't call it a comeback...

Or maybe you should, I haven't blogged in what seems like forever. So, here's a random assortment of what I've been up to.

Went to Minneapolis via Chicago on the 14th. La and I stayed the night with my cousin Simone on Friday night. We ate a the Grande Luxe cafe which was awesome in downtown Chi. Our flight left Chicago before the break of dawn, and we arrived in Minneapolis by 8:30. We ate breakfast, went back to Michael's, got some rest, ate again, and then went out. We did a lot of eating, playing Wii, and resting. Overall was a good trip. Real laid back, and those are my favorite kind. Between the 4 of us, we know quotes from all the movies of all times. The most often quoted movie was by far Jackie Brown. We watched No Country For Old Men which was much crazier than I was ever expecting, and, I didn't like the ending, but the movie is still worth seeing.

I'm still dating Ike Nick. Things are going well.

I've been a knitting machine. For me anyway. Mostly hats, which I'm getting tired of knitting, so I think I'm going to try to work a lot on scarves, dishclothes, and baby booties. A friend and my cousin are both pregnant. So, I'm going to try my hands a some new things, I'll post some pictures! I joined this knitting community website called Ravelry, one of the most addicting websites I have ever been too. If you simply like knitting, Ravelry will turn you into a fanatic, trust me. Before I started frequenting that website, I would knit things, but I wasn't always thinking about it, coming up with ideas of what to make for people, going to the yarn store to find more yarn, and it just goes on and on. I'm officially addicted to the craft that I once thought would be a cheap hobby, silly me.

My weight loss isn't going so well, I've actually gained weight, because I haven't been working out, and I've been eating like a linebacker. I'm trying to get it together though.

Can't wait for the trip to Punta Cana this summer, I definitely need a vacation. I thought I would have a hard time getting my passport, but it arrived about 3 weeks after I applied for it, so I'm all good! Now I just need to pay the rest of my money.

I'm considering becoming a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate for children in foster care. I've always wanted to give back in some way, and kids are my weekness. I've received some information, and I'm going to look through it and see how I feel about it. I want to be sure, cause I would hate to do it and quit.

I haven't really done anything new to the house, which surprises me, cause I thought I would be trying to do it all. Maybe I'll get the itch soon. I want to go ahead and paint the kitchen that I've been talking about painting since Christmas. Maybe it will actually happen soon!

I've been playing Guitar Hero like a big kid, I love it.

I guess that's all I can think of for now!

No comments: