Day 24- A letter to your parents
Well, I would have to write two totally different letters. You see my mom, she is my rock, but my dad, I call him my sperm donor. So, rather than be negative, I will just write a letter to my mom!!
Dear Mama (you are appreciated :-)),
As a child, I feel like I kind of grew up fast. You having to work nights to support us, and me always being around people that were older than me. But I never felt as though you were a bad mom because you weren't home with us at night. You see, I knew that we had to have food on the table, we had to have clothes on our back, and you made sure we had nothing but the best. I know you hated leaving us home alone, 17, 13, and 6. But not working was not an option for you. Most people would think that we would be out of control, home alone, no adult supervision. But, back then, we feared you. We knew that the consequences to most things were not worth the risk. When I became a teenager, it was just you and I. I thought I would love it when my brother and sister moved out. But, you were there to keep a closer eye on me. During high school, all I could think about was going away to college, so that I could finally be out of your house! Now, we have a wonderful relationship. I understand the way you raised us, and I know it was necessary. I understand that there are consequences to all of my actions. I understand that no one is going to take care of me, except me. I understand that anything that I want is attainable, through hard work and perseverance. I appreciate all that you sacrificed so that we would have a great childhood. Words cannot express how much I appreciate you!!
I love you mom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment