Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Careful What you Wish For...

So, about a month or so ago, my sister picked up a part time job at a place that cleans up office buildings.  Seems like the perfect part time job, just a couple of hours a night, can go in when it's convenient for her, can even have people help her if she wants to.  So, I said hey, sign me up.  I'm trying to get out of debt, I could use some extra money.  So, I went to the company's website, filled out an online application, and had my sister tell the lady that hires people that I was interested.  After a few weeks went by, and I didn't hear anything, I put the thought in the back of my mind.  Meanwhile, my sister was complaining about how she was tired of it, which made me think, I probably don't want to do it either.  It would be ok for a little while, and I would eventually tire of it as well.

Fast forward, to last week, I get a call from the woman that does the hiring.  She left a message, with the details of the job she has available.  I call her back, thinking I'm going to setup an interview, she has me meet her at the building where the job is located, she brings all the paperwork for a new employee, and basically tells me if I'm interested, it's mine.  So I say sure, I'll try it out.  I'm not too sure if it's going to workout though.  It's not nearly as flexible as my sisters.  I will be working with 2 other people that I don't know, so we work a set schedule.  It's EVERY day.  And, because I work with other people, I can't bring anyone in to help me.  

Needless to say, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to, or want to, work this job, but I'm going to give it a try.  If it doesn't work out, I'll just tell the woman that I'll do it until she can find someone to replace me.  I believe if nothing else, it will force me to be much more organized. 

No comments: